My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

November 16, 2007

What to type?

Okay...so this is the first time I have sat down at the computer to post on our site. If you couldn't tell Zach has done every one of them. As I sat down I realized that I had no idea what in the world I was going to say. So...I have decided to give my thoughts on a situation going on in our lives right now. I have decided that raising children is probably the hardest yet most rewarding thing I will ever do. I wish all of my children could be happy all of the time. Unfortunately that is not the case. We are currently going through a very difficult time with Catherine...for those of you who do not know her the is the sweetest child in the whole world! She is very quiet and likes to always do what is right and is sooooooo helpful. Unfortunately she is going through a hard time right now. About a year ago she went through a period of time where she went from going to bed with no questions asked at 7:3o to screaming her head off for hours and not staying in her bead. It was awful. She wasn't just being obstinate. she was scared out of her mind and went crazy each night at bedtime. I could never even begin to describe the scene to you. A few know what I am talking about because I called them and held the phone out for them to hear her each night. She was also not herself during the day. She was very easily upset and seemed almost sad (getting to the point, I promise). Anyways... it only lasted about 3 months (Praise the Lord!) and one night it just stopped. She went right to sleep and was back to her old self and never did it again...until a week ago. That's right...it's back!!! I want to jump off a bridge with concrete shoes on. Okay so not really but this is not fun. I know it will not last for ever but I just hate that she is so upset. I wish I could know what would help her. I had coffee with a wonderful lady the other day and she made a statement that I found to be so profound and so true... "A mother can only be as happy as her saddest child." That is how I feel right now. So if their is anyone out their with any advice on this matter I would love to hear it. I know that this to will pass but I am hoping there is something we can come up with to help her through this quicker than last time. I should add that if we let her sleep on her brothers floor then she goes right to sleep. Can I let her do that forever?
Sorry this is so long. You are all probably praying right now that Zach continue to do all of the posts. I promise next time it will be much shorter and to the point!!! Thanks for listening!

4 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

Well, I appreciate the long post! And yes, Catherine can sleep on Easton's floor forever! :)

Sharon said...

I agree with Sarah. However, if you don't want her to sleep on the floor forever...maybe a chart? I think Catherine and Lindsey have simliar, pleasing personalities and it worked WONDERS for Lindsey. She went through something that sounds very similar. It was more of a "mad" than a "fear" thing I think, but maybe not. Anyway, we made a chart for her that was very detailed (you can look back on our blog and see a picture of her and the chart--July "Pray She Obeys" post). Just an idea, if you want more details you can e-mail me, rather than me leaving a long comment to your long post! Good luck!

Superchikk said...

About the whole sleeping on his floor thing - I say let her. One of my brothers slept in the floor for years when he was little. If he slept in the bed, he tossed, turned, and had horrible nightmares. And if you put him to bed in his bed, he was in the floor by the time you got down the hall. He didn't want a pallet, either. He just grabbed his pillow and blanket, and hit the floor - right beside the bed - every night. He got the rest he needed, and eventually started sleeping in the bed on his own. And I don't think he has any long-lasting psychological damage from it. :) But with my family, you never know. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind if I posted a link to your site on my site, letting people know about the adoption process. I know everyone that reads it, and they will all commit it to prayer. See you soon!