My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

January 31, 2009

Ice Storm 2009

First things first... Our good friends the Maners made the wait list this week. Go drop them a comment and congratulate them on the completion of all the paper!

This past week, one of the worst ice storms EVER passed through Northwest Arkansas. Well, maybe not ever, but certainly the worst I can remember. The kids loved it, but it wasn't so fun for mom and dad. Here is Easton and Addis getting ready for the ice to come in last Monday.

Sophie and Catherine actually went to dinner at Chili's in these outfits. We heard it was going to be bad, so we decided to have one last dinner outing.


This is what our house looked like when we woke up on Tuesday morning. Our tree was still in pretty good shape.

After another full day of ice, our tree wasn't looking so good. You can only imagine how bad the real trees look.

We woke up Tuesday morning with no electricity. Once Tuesday night rolled around, it was starting to get old. We ran the gas fireplace and piled the kids into the living room. I even managed to power a small tv off of our mini-van. Yes, the mini-van rescues the day again.


Our power came back late Wednesday afternoon. We were the lucky ones. There are still lots more people around here that are still without power. Here are some pictures of the aftermath. We will be cleaning up trees for a while around here.



6 comments:

A Team said...

Did my last comment get posted ... if so sorry I am leaving two.

I loved your post. Sorry about your tree.

Your family is PRECIOUS

Superchikk said...

We lost our power Tuesday too. We weathered the first night at home, but knew we wouldn't have power back anytime soon. So we headed to Mom & Dad's on Wednesday and spent the night with them. Our power came back on Thursday, so we were among the fortunate too. Glad you guys made it thru ok!

Jill said...

I hope I never have to remember that little trick, but I need to know how you powered your TV from your van. We were trying to figure out a way to power our fireplace blower from the van... and we're not the best engineers/electricians, so needless to say, it didn't happen at the Langham house. But thank God we got through the biggest part of the storm with power.

Tyson and Lisa said...

wow, that looks like the storm we had here last year...pretty crazy!

The Jordon Family said...

I know this post is about the ice storm, but I have to comment on the kiddos.. Addis looks like he has grown so much since I saw him last at the mall, and Sophie looks so big now and adorable in that hat she wore out to dinner.
They are all very cute!
Ok, I hate Ice.. there ya go :)

Tyson and Lisa said...

no, I didn't go to the shower since Audrey was sick (and I'm still nursing her) and I ended up getting sick, too...so it's a good thing we didn't go. I really wanted to see everyone though!