When I was four, my dad loaded up my brother and I to make the 10 hour trip to Marble Falls for our first Father and Son Camp weekend. It became a tradition, and we only missed one year of camp until we graduated high school.
This past weekend, I loaded up my four year old son to continue the tradition. Four generations of Kennedy's rode 10 hours to the Texas Hill Country to spend a weekend together.

Easton was so excited that he woke up his great grandfather (papaw) at midnight saying, "Get up! It is time to go!" My brother brought his son, Mark, for the first time as well. They had the time of their lives. We rode horses, shot guns, arrows, and slingshots, slept in a cabin and stayed up way past bed time. It was the ultimate man weekend.

In a generation where good fathers are the exception to the rule, our family continues to be an exception. And I am better because of that.
And Easton, Addis, Catherine, and Sophia will be the beneficiaries as well.
Thank you papa. Thank you Dad.
3 comments:
OH, this post brings tears to my eyes! How wonderful for four generations of men to enjoy such a beautiful time together!
Hey,
We'll get there Thursday evening and we're leaving on Monday. Friday we are going to Branson for the day (I think). Maybe we can do something on Saturday or Sunday?
I did not even recognize Zach in this post. I like his hair!
That is so sweet!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today...Praying we get our baby girl home soon :) Your crew is just as cute as ever..kristi
Post a Comment