My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

April 19, 2009

Gladney Family Gathering

So, we haven't posted in a while. We really should be better about it, but I am still not really sure how to do this whole blogging thing. Zach always does it for me, and I pretend like it is from me. (Like right now, as I lie in bed and he sits at the computer typing what I say.)

This weekend, we traveled to the great state of Oklahoma for a Gladney Family Association gathering. We got to meet a few of the families we have been stalking on the internet through blogland. It is odd when people know your name and details about your life and you have never actually met in person.

We met the Bottomly crew. Addis and Silas were big buds. Actually, I am not sure they paid that much attention to each other, but they were really cute together. It was the referral pictures of Silas that first awakened the call in us to adopt, so it was really cool getting to see our sons together.


We also got to meet the Silvestri's and Winter's. Tara and Eric took pictures of Addis when they traveled to Ethiopia to pick up their son Malak, and we took pictures of Rebekah and Ben's son Eli when we traveled to pick up Addis. It was awesome to see all of our boys together. It made us very excited for all of the families in Northwest Arkansas to bring home their babies.

Andrea (who did our home study), Natalie (Gladney), Nikki, Tara, Amy, me, Corrie (a NWA mom on the wait list), and Mary (Gladney).


Thanks Bottomly's for letting us crash at your place. We hope to get together with all the Oklahoma families again soon. Maybe next time we will bring ALL the kids.

5 comments:

Tyson and Lisa said...

you were in OK and didn't let me know?!? I'm just kidding. really. but we would love to see you guys sometime!

Tyson and Lisa said...

definitely let us know when you come to the zoo...we'd love to go with you!

Amy said...

Good times were had. So glad you guys made the drive over!! Maybe you should make the drive over again this weekend for The Queen of Sheba's 3 year anni! I think the Neufeld's are coming for the race.... they don't know it yet, but if they do stay with us Saturday and want to eat dinner with us, they will have to dine at The Queen. :)

Great to get to know you guys! A meeting in T Town will be fun!

Rebecca said...

Fun times!

Can't wait to hang out with you guys again. Next time I won't be so cranky :)

Nikki said...

I love it that Zach types! It was so good to meet you guys this weekend. I hope we ALL get to meet this summer. The zoo sounds like a great idea. I pray we pass court the first time around and have the whole summer to spend with our kids.

Blessings to you!