My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

May 6, 2008

Piles of Reflection

We have been overwhelmed by the response of friends, family, and blog-friends over our referral. It is a very special time in our lives and we are grateful for everyone's love and support. I am convinced that our kids are the most loved in the whole world, and I can't wait for baby Addis to get to join in.

In the mix of the blessings and congratulations have come innocent comments like, "We could never do that," or "You guys are so special to do something like that," and my all time favorite, "Four kids, are you crazy!"

While we might be crazy, and we certainly feel special, it isn't because of anything we have done. Looking into our little boys eyes, we feel special and privileged to call him our son.

We have bad days, petty arguments, and various other shortcomings just like everyone else. We just looked at our lives and decided that we had room in our family for one more. We looked at our family and found love and support to go forward with adoption. We looked at our circle of friends and found generosity and encouragement beyond what we could have ever imagined. We looked to God for direction and He said, "I wrote instructions for that a long time ago."

I found a quote this evening that sums up things up quite nicely.

I'm only one. But still, I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something.

And because I cannot do everything,

I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.




I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. 1 Samuel 1:27

8 comments:

Angie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Email me at angekur@gmail when you have a chance. So happy for you! Enjoy every moment. :)

Shelly Roberts said...

Hey there! ... congrats! Email me a pic and I"ll see if I have any photos of him from our trip this last week. robertsfamily@mlgc.com ~Shelly

mama becca said...

reflects how we feel exactly.
have fun celebrating your new son!

Susan and Chad said...

Hey Kennedy's! Congrats and thanks for the post! We are anxious to see how all these court dates will play out - here's hoping we see you in ET! Peace!
Susan and Chad

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

What a beautful post!
I had the blessing to give my adoption testimony at church yesterday and it was such a blessing to share my heart for orphans and adoption with our church. Thanks for sharing your heart! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

A Team said...

Who is the writter... I love the way you guys express yourselves :-)

I am so excited for you!

Your family reminds me of us... just in that same place.

CONGRATS AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Kristi J said...

Congratulations...and yes, we get all those innocent comments from people too. People can't wrap their minds around the fact that we would want more than 4 kids...too funny. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to be in your shoes...
kristi Johnson

Erica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the name! (it was on our top 3 as well) I can't wait to "see" his sweet picture.