
I called the same bakery that did her cake (which I will not mention) and said I wanted a pink flamingo cake. I explained that it was for a 5 year old girl and I wanted a lot of pink and very cutsie. This is what I saw when I arrived at said bakery to pick up the cake...

Seriously??!! What is this? A swan? In a boggy marsh? And I am not seeing the pink and cutsie that we had talked about. I politely said it was adorable and left with the cake. When I got home I realized this was not acceptable. I called the bakery back and explained that the cake was not quite what I had in mind. The nice lady on the phone said she remembered the cake and would be happy to make another one if I just brought the first one back. She said she would make sure it was very pink and very cutsie. So this is what we ended up with...

Still not anything like what I had in mind and a little like a baby shower cake with a stork on it. But much better than the swan. And Catherine loved it so I guess that is all that matters. All that to say it tasted great and next year I will bring a picture of EXACTLY what I want.
4 comments:
A picture, or just describe it as an "Airbrushed Spring Break T-shirt". Ha!
I'm proud of you though, for standing up for your cake desires and getting the situation remedied. And I totally need to know where you got that cake, because I'll want a Curious George one in a few months and don't want to end up with a purple gorilla or something.
It is TIME to go to a different bakery!!!! It just doesn't look like they're putting much time and effort into their cakes! You know where I think you should go. :)
Giggle.
The second cake was a big improvement. What a "funny" memory you will have!
Post a Comment