When Erin and I were newly married, we once saw a deer leap out on the interstate in broad daylight and proceed to go through the windshield of an unsuspecting Dodge Durango. It was crazy scary. Plus, deer parts in the air is very morbid and shouldn't be discussed.
On that day, we implemented the "deer drill." If I see a deer jump out, I yell deer and she ducks below the dash. We have never had an actual emergency situation in which to put our plan to work. Only drills.
Until last night.
I was driving home from a weekend in Hot Springs, cruising down the interstate talking to my old high school buddy on the phone. He must have thought it odd when I began to scream like a twelve year old girl, DEER! I actually think it came out something like DAHHH! Problem was, no one was in the car but me, and I thought it best to keep my head above the dash. The deer decided against her better judgment to try her chances with the bumper of my parents Jeep. The Jeep won. Sorta. If you consider that winning.
No human was injured. The bumper is dinged up a little though.
3 comments:
Oh "dear"!!!
Poor deer.
Luckily it wasn't any worse! Ben had to get his car towed back from Missouri last year after a run-in with a deer. The Altima didn't fare as well as the Jeep :)
Oh, no! I'm so glad you are safe!
Post a Comment