My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

June 18, 2009

Court Finally

We finally got on the ball and got the final documentation for Addis today. Well, mostly all of it. We still have to wait on a birth certificate and social security number, but we are very close. I freaked everyone out on Facebook by saying that we had to "readopt" Addis. It has a much more technical term, but I didn't feel like sending out all the details with twitter. You only get 140 characters.

To be honest, we waited this long because we had no clue what we were supposed to do. If you don't live in Texas, Gladney doesn't have much for you. We found a great adoption lawyer in town for all of you NWA families that are in process. His name is Keith Morrison, and he was very helpful and has five adopted kids himself, so he knows the process first hand.

Here are all the kids waiting patiently in the hallway before our appointment.


Keith took Addis back to see Judge Mashburn first. Thankfully, Addis has never met a stranger so he was happy to go along.


Judge Mashburn has a picture with every adoptive family he has ever been able to approve in his career. He was a great man and was proud to be a part of our story.



As of today, he is officially Addis Zachary Yeabsera Kennedy.
(This morning, he was legally Yeabsera Zachary Kennedy.)

4 comments:

Tyson and Lisa said...

congrats! I can still hardly believe you have 4 kids, you all look so happy...I need to come visit you sometime!

Anonymous said...

Zach & Erin - I am so happy for you - you have a beautiful family!!!
Darlena

Superchikk said...

Um, did you know my brother-in-law is Judge Mashburn's Bailiff? I hope he got to see you guys and Addis...they are great buddies since D works security in the nursery.

The Lombard Clan said...

That is awesome! We are so happy for ya'll and your family!!