arrived in Malawi. When I say long, I mean the longest day ever.
Ever. Really, not anything longer. We got in this afternoon around
noon. After getting through the craziness of immigration, we loaded
up all 14 of our bags to head to our hotel. If it hadn't been for all
of the great people on the trip with us, we would have never made it.
Our car is quite suitable. It is an suv-ish sort of thing with teal
and pink racing stripes. I will send a picture when we have a chance.
Tonight we are staying in a hotel/guest house sort of place, and
tomorrow we move on to our home in Ntcheu.
There are a few things I am having to let go of:
1) Kids Naps: Probably won't happen very regularly
2) Detailed Schedule: for an OCD like me, that one is tough
3) Cleanliness: My kids played on a playground tonight that was not
covered in nice wood chips. Instead, it was dusty red clay. They were
covered in dirt. The bath water proved it. Having to let go.
Now, the lesson of the day:
We had a home lined up in Ntcheu for our family to rent during our
stay in Malawi. We found out this morning that the owner decided to
rent it to someone else. When the local baptist pastor in Ntcheu,
Pastor Phiri, discovered that we would not have a place to stay, he
moved his entire family (8 kids) out of their very new, very nice
home. They will be staying in their old home, about 800 square feet of
concrete with 2 bedrooms, during the duration of our stay. They
wouldn't have it any other way. They were honored for us to be able to
stay at their home. God had blessed them with it, so they want to
bless us.
They are teaching us what it means to really give.
13 comments:
This made me cry. What a sweet man. You guys are on a for real adventure!!! Love reading the updates and can't wait to see pictures! :)
Sounds like God is really showing he is real, and in charge. Love that about God.
I have tears in my eyes and goose bumps all over. It is amazing to me how God provides over and over and beyond what I could ever expect or imagine! Love you guys!
Oh my word. I am so thankful you are all safe and sound. Wow, I am overwhelmed at God's provision for you guys.
Wow! Thank you Jesus for taking care of this sweet family. I've been checking this todayday to see an update! Missed watching the twins play outside while I was in the pick up line at school. Love you guys! Keep the updates and pictures coming!! Love you guys.
My jaw just dropped when I read about that sweet pastor. Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe you guys are really there. I would read an update every 5 minutes if you sent one, so keep em coming! So glad you guys are there safe and sound! Love y'all!!!
This gave me goose bumps as well! What an awesome God we serve!!!
Glad to hear you made it there safe and sound, take care and keep updating.
Our prayers are still with you all.
How wonderful. I knew that God would send special people to love on you, guide you and help you. He is so good to deliver on his promises! I am sorry you all had such a long day and I hope you all recover soon. Can't wait to see the teal racing stripes! Love you!
Wow what an Amazing and Awesome God we serve! He takes care of his own and this just proves his faithfulness. We have our small group praying for you guys and your mission while in Africa. We are blessed to call you friends and could not be more proud of your family!
I've followed your journey for a while and we are truly amazed by your family!! What a blessing!!
What sacrifices the pastor and his family has made for you all to be as comfortable as possible so far from home....but to them it is joy!
I will faithfully keep you and your beautiful family in my prayers as you serve in Africa. With my medical mission trip to Kenya working in an orphanage and desolate city I can say I know the desire of your heart! The picture of Addis and Easton was priceless. What an awesome experience for all of your bundles of joy.
God bless and may He keep you healthy and your cup full of His endurance & love.
Hugs to you and Erin.
Susan
Wow! What a true picture of God. So glad to hear you guys made it safely! Hope you are getting settled in...can't wait to read more!
What a blessing!! I started crying when I read this. Josh and I are so glad that you all are being so well taken care of! We're praying for you and your journey and can't wait to see all of the pictures and hear all of the stories!
Love,
Josh and Christine
Post a Comment