Do we have to send our Home Study into CIS before we will receive the I-171H?
To all of those non-adoption lurkers out there, that sentence makes zero sense. Those are our two last sheets of paper we need to be finished with the paperwork, and I think one is dependent on the other. If you still don't understand, don't worry about it. It doesn't make much sense to me either at this point!
We got our FBI clearance packets in, and except for my two previous assault charges, everything looked good. One down, two more pieces of paper to go!
Waiting list, here we come...
December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is it sad that I've already been through this and still am not completely sure?? But, I'm PRETTY SURE that Gladney had to send it in before we could even get our fingerprinting appointment with CIS - then they sent us our I-171H after our fingerprints were approved. I think...
This is how ours worked... We applied and paid (of course, you have to send your money :-) THEN... we our finger print appointments in the mail and we went. All the while, our homestudy was being complete. THEN we had to turn in our homestudy to CIS (your social worker will know exactly what that needs to look like).. she got it to us and we overnighted it. Then she got a receipt that they got it. 6 weeks after that date we got our approval. SO YES, you have to send your homestudy to the CIS office... does that make sense?
i think it depends on what state you live in. sorry i can't be of more help.
Post a Comment