My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

January 4, 2008

More Papers!

We have some good news. It seems as if we haven't abused our children, at least not that the government knows about! Our child abuse clearance letters came in a few days ago. Anne from Gladney sent an email to let us know that they had come in and that our home study could now be completed. Andrea, our home study gal, just has to make copies of it and send it to the appropriate places.

It will go to CIS, and then we have to wait for approval from them. We have just now had to begin to endure the waiting, as we have had paperwork to fill out until recently. It has Erin a little worried that all of this waiting for approval will push our babies court date into the rainy season (AUG-SEP). Ethiopia shuts down EVERYTHING during the rainy season, including the court. If our referral comes to late, it could cause us to have to wait until October before we can pick him up.

Please pray for the final paperwork to come in quickly so we can have our baby home before the rainy season starts.

In non adoption news, Sophia put two words together tonight for the first time. At dinner she said mo caca, meaning more cracker. We thought she would never talk!

8 comments:

Josh and Kate said...

We'll be praying the wait won't be very long and you can get him here quickly! I can not wait to meet and hold this special little one! :) Love you guys.
P.S. Way to go Sophie!

Angela said...

Sophie is a genius. How could you doubt her! Bedsides, she's so cute, who needs communication skills?

Ang

Superchikk said...

When our friends adopted from Russia, the typical wait for a referral was 6 months. Theirs came in 7 days! God has your little one picked out for you already, and He will make sure you bring him home right on time!

And good for Sophie! Who needs to talk when there are siblings to do it for you, anyway? :)

A Team said...

yea! the paper chasing is done. How long does it usually take where you live for CIS approval?

Becky (Kaler) was over the other day and we looked through your blog :-)

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

We actually have no idea. We haven't found anyone we know that has gone through the process recently... We are hoping it is 2 weeks or less!

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

Yeah, I'm really bad at updating. I like to look at everyone else's but I don't like to update mine.Oh well, maybe I'll make it a goal for the new year. :-) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. So excited about your adoption process, can't wait to meet the new addition. It's so exciting.

Sarah Ward said...

That is just so exciting! I want to meet this little guy when he gets here. I know yall are so ready and I think it is amazing what yall are doing!

YAY for Sophie! She is just too cute!

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today (Erin)... every time I use Viva paper towels I think about you. :-)