My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

May 5, 2008

The Details...

I told her so. Erin left town yesterday to go to Hot Springs to see her parents and grandmother for a few days. Before she left, I told her that we would get the referral this week and we wouldn't be together for it.

At 4 pm today, Jessica from Gladney called and told me that she had our referral, but that she hadn't been able to get a hold of Erin. My heart was about to pound out of my chest as I tried over and over again to get her to answer. I called her cell, her parents house, her parents cell phones, her grandmother, her brothers (they don't even live there, so I am still not sure why I called them.) 15 minutes later, Erin called me back. That was THE LONGEST 15 minutes ever. I later told Erin that it was almost like getting to tell her we were pregnant, something a man never gets the opportunity to do.

I went to my office, and all of the people that work in the worship ministry office came in to be a part of the moment with me. Erin went to her parent's computer with the kids.

He is absolutely adorable. He is pretty pudgy, with big eyes and a cute smile. His name means "The work of God the Father." He is 5 months old, 30 inches long, and 15.5 pounds.

He couldn't be any more perfect.

28 comments:

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

We are so excited for you guys! He is beautiful! Can't wait to meet the little guy in person.

Rebecca said...

How exciting! Ben was out of town when we got the call too! How fun to be the man and tell her - we're having a boy! Normally, the girl gets to tell that fun news :)

Can't wait to see his sweet little face!

The Soucys said...

AAHHHHH!!!!! Congratulations!!!! SO happy for your family! Can't wait to see the new Kennedy!!!!

coffeemom said...

CONgratulations!!!!!!!!! It's always the best news ever!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Congratulations!
What a wonderful wonderful thing!!!!! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

graceling said...

I am soooo happy for you guys! Hoping you get a quick court date!

A Team said...

I love it!!!
I cracked up at the detail that you called the brother ... who doesn't even live there. HA!

CONGRATS!

It's so amazing!!! It is like being pregnant and it is as equally AMAZING when they are in your arms for the first time! Biological and adoption... BOTH MIRACLES FROM GOD!

Excited for you!

Alicia said...

This is so exciting! He is precious and beautiful and soon he'll be all yours! We love you guys and are so happy for you.

Sara Neufeld said...

We are absolutely THRILLED for you guys!!! Go get him quick....I can't wait to get my hands on that cutie patootie!!!! :)

mama becca said...

Congratulations!
We're a gladney family who came home 3 weeks ago with our baby boy. I may have pictures of your baby- I'd be happy to look! If you'd like, you can email me at rvzalbertson@gmail.com and I'll get the details from you.
Hooray! Have a fun time celebrating!
becca albertson

Amy said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful and what a sweet meaning to his name!!

Sara Neufeld said...

By the way, what a sweet confirmation your boy's name is!

Jana said...

Hurray!!!!! Congrats you guys!!!!

Josh and Kate said...

Woo Hoo! He is so handsome. We are thrilled for you guys! Parker can't wait for his new friend to get here!!! I'm so glad that they will be so close in age. We love you Addis Y, already so much!!!

Sharon said...

CONGRATS!!! I can't imagine how excited you are! Praise the Lord!

Jennifer said...

Congrats!!! We can't wait til he is officially yours and you can post a picture!!!

Jill said...

Congrats!!! Just saw the pictures taht Larry posted. What a doll baby!! Can't wait for you guys to get that little angel!

Ben and Kristen said...

Congrats! We are very excited for you!

Amy B. said...

I would be happy to check and see if I have pictures of your little one. We were there in February. If you want to send me a picture I would be happy to look for you. Here is my email: breedlove75@hotmail.com

Amy

Stacie said...

Congratulations! I was about to board a plane when my husband called me with the news of our referral call. It is kind of fun that he got to tell me - and same for you. And, our son's given name was the same (I'm thinking - has the same meaning at least) - isn't it such a beautiful meaning? Again - congratulations!!

Kimberly Baggett said...

CONGRATULATIONS! what wonderful news!!! so happy for you guys and i can't wait to see pictures! blessings!

Sarah Ward said...

WE are so happy for you guys. I have been checking everyday to see if yall got your referal! YAY! I know yall are just so happy! I want to see pictures. Everyone is saying how precious he is and I am not seeing any pictures!!

Lori S said...

What great news!! Congratulations!! Lori

Shelly Roberts said...

Hi there, Send me a pic of your babe ... I think I have some for you. robertsfamily@mlgc.com ~Shelly

Superchikk said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I hope your court date comes quickly!

Caedmon and Addis will get to be nursery buddies, I'm sure. And I hope he's here in time for Staff Retreat - that would be fun!

Shelly Roberts said...

email me and I can see if we have pics of your little guy, we just traveled home. CONGRATS!!! ~Shelly robertsfamily@mlgc.com

Olivia Grace said...

we are so excited for you guys

Erica said...

YEAH! I'm a bit behind on my blog reading! SO happy for you! I love the meaning of his name. I think I know the Ethiopian name too, very cool! So happy for all of you.