My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

October 20, 2008

Project Play Room

We have been mad busy around here over the last two weeks. Our guest room is getting an overhaul and becoming playland. Don't worry grandparents, there is still a bed in there. However, it does have a few more lumps than the old one. All the kids, minus Addis, chipped in with the painting.



We wanted to do some sort of wall hanging that represented our love for Africa. I cut the shape out of MDF and with a little creativity it became a really cool project.
We used a projector to shine this verse from Psalms over the whole cut out, letting it bleed over the edges in some places.
We painted most of the letters with stain and polyurethane, and a few of the words are painted in red. The final result looks amazing.

No, we will not make one for you.
Yes, it is for sale.
No, the price is not reasonable.

15 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

OH MY WORD. That looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person! :)

The Jordon Family said...

Kennedy's , you did an amazing job on your playroom! I bet the kids are loving it.

Angela said...

Holla!!

Tyson and Lisa said...

way to go, guys! I LOVE the Africa cut-out with the verse. amazing!

Rebecca said...

Of course, I love the AFrica cut out! I immediately thought you all should start selling them...but I guess you answered that thought :) Cute room!

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

Wow! That looks amazing. Glad we still have a place to stay. :-)

Courtney said...

love it! love the "disclaimer" at the end!

Annie said...

that is awesome! even paul is impressed.

will you make us one, just of arkansas though? :-P

Ross and Lisa Green said...

Looks great! Love the Africa cut out and verse.

Superchikk said...

Love it! You guys did a great job.

How come you didn't let Addis help? ;)

James and Shanna said...

Awesome!!! What a neat idea!!

Kristi J said...

Wow...how awesome is that!! I love it...Kristi

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Love it!!!

I just wish I had some artistic talent.

Amy said...

Wow, that is seriously amazing. Talent.. You have some serious talent! Love it!

racheljenae said...

wow... you are definately pushing me to start some ridiculous projects :) way to let the creative side flow out guys :)