
So I guess, since there have been so many requests, we should tell what happened to Catherine. While she was visiting Lovey and Poppa during our trip to Ethiopia, she fell out of the hot tub and broke her arm. We, the parents of the year, didn't fill out any sort of medical release form before we left, so they had a hard time finding her a place to go. The first doc in Hot Springs said it didn't look broken, but after a trip to our friend Dr. Silvey and then to a specialist up here, it was confirmed to be broken.
Big thanks to Dr. Silvey for working her in and taking good care of her while we were gone. If you are looking for a good pediatrician in Northwest Arkansas, go give him a visit.
The specialist asked if we wanted a hard cast on it, in case she might take off the soft one. Erin said, "Oh no! She won't take it off." Well, that night she took it off. To her credit, she was having a sleep over with her brother and apparently he asked her if he could see what her arm looked like.
Easton yelled from the bedroom, "But I didn't tell her to take it off! I just wanted to see it." Clever son. Clever.
She is tougher than anyone else around here, so she is really doing well with the whole thing.
7 comments:
I hadn't even thought about the medical release thing..I'll have to tell my sister...She leaves a week from tomorrow!!! Having four kids is awesome...We have loved it, but now we're going for #5, so I'll let you know about that one incase you go for more (: kristi
Cute new blog!
At least she was (theoretically) having fun when she did it! And I'm glad to know she's doing well with it. It doesn't seem to be hampering her ability to "mother" her little brother.
So glad she's okay! Leah had to have surgery... freaked us out!!! Don't worry about the medical release thing- the only reason we even had one when we traveled is b/c my dad's a dr. and my uncle's a lawyer, so they're all obsessed with that kind of stuff. Wish we lived closer- our broken armed girls could hang out!
take care-
becca
Isn't that the way parenting works.... you think of everything... but they find the one thing you forgot! Brave girl.
It's so neat to see your kiddos all together.
What a cute fam!!! It looks like Addis is fitting in great!
Post a Comment