Yesterday, we toured an Ethiopian Orthodox Church. It was built in the 30s and 40s during the Italian invasion. There were several events going on there, since it was one of their major fasting weeks and there was a large funeral. Due to all of the people that showed up after we had gone in to tour, our cars were blocked in when it was time to leave. And I don't mean like one car parked behind us. I mean like 60.
We decided to walk to a taxi to take us to lunch. The taxi driver was pretty pumped to see a bunch of lost Americans, and he charged us 10 birr each to get to the restaurant. Average fair is between 70c and 2 birr, so he made his days wage off of our group alone.
We went to the lion zoo, or lion cages, after lunch. It was pretty entertaining, because there wasn't a giant pit between us an the lions, and the locals would hit on the fence to get the lions to growl at them.
Last night was the traditional dinner. The food was interesting. I ate a lot more than Erin. I was a little disappointed because they didn't ask anyone from our group to dance. I guess they could tell that we had some moves and didn't want to be embarrassed.
Today, we go to the older kids orphanage and play a little futbol. Addis is still the bomb. He sleeps like a champ, 12 hours at night without waking up. He goes to everyone, though he clings to his mom and dad when he is tired. He crawls all over the place, entertaining himself with water bottles and magazines. We couldn't have asked for a better baby.
Keep praying for a safe flight home. 4.5 days and counting…
August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Ok,first of all Zach, Addis looks right at home in your lap.. It is so obvious that this was God's plan in the beginning.. we are so happy for you and Erin and the family !
2nd, that church is beautiful ! It is so awesome that you all are getting pictures of everything. Addis will appreciate getting to see all of that again when he is older!! It is such a blessing to get to see you all there and get your updates daily ! Keep it up !!
Prayers, and Love....
Janie
I'm so excited that you're getting to see things while you're there. Making all of those memories with Addis is so special!
We'll be praying for you guys - that you'll have safe travels on the way home!
I love the pic with Addis sitting in Zach's lap as if he has always known him as his daddy!
This is a completely amazing experience; however, I do miss talking with my dear friend, Erin!
Leaving for Cincy in the morning! Be safe and our prayers continue to be with you.
I agree - so cool that you are getting to know the culture of Addis's birthplace. And he does look very comfy in Zach's lap!
I can't wait to meet this little guy. We would all be dying back here if you couldn't post on your blog!
Addis is just precious!!!!
Erin and Zach! I am so extremely sad that we won't be here to welcome you and Addis home to NW Arkansas. He is a beautiful baby for a beautiful family. We are going to miss you guys. Love you all, Carol and Jeff
Post a Comment