My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.6kennedys.com and update your bookmarks.

August 5, 2008

Too Good to be True

It has to be… He is perfect! He rolls around our floor squeeling and playing, one of the craziest babies we have ever been around. Then, we take him to a nice dinner, and he sits very calmly on our laps without ever making a peep. We have now known him for 24 hours, and we still don't know what his cry sounds like!
When we got back from dinner, Erin fed him his bottle and he was asleep before he was done eating. We put him in bed at 8:30 last night, and he woke up for the first time at 7 am this morning.
We gave him a bath this morning, and he was way unsure of that whole experience. He warmed up to the idea after a while, but he certainly isn't the water bug that the other three are. It is going to take some practice.
Today, there isn't much on the agenda. We are getting out for lunch, and then we will do a little souvenir shopping. Tomorrow we go to the embassy, so pray for all to go smoothly! (By the way, it is 3:00 on Tuesday afternoon right now.)
Also, even though this is a wonderful experience, we miss the other kids a lot and are ready to get back to them so they can meet their new brother.

9 comments:

Ross and Lisa Green said...

Thanks for the update and new pics! I will be praying for you as I know it must be difficult sharing this experience without the other 3.

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooooo excited to see him in your arms! He is perfect! Cannot wait to see him. You have to promise to do all you can to make him stay little until I do. So excited for you guys!!!

P.S. Of course he's not so fond of baths, he hasn't had a "surprise" bath yet!

Alyssa

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

Can't wait to see Addis in person! Congratulations!!! We'll be praying for a continued smooth transition. Love you guys!!

Emy said...

What sweet pictures of a sweet baby! I LOVE the picture in the bath, ha ha ha!

The Jordon Family said...

He is a doll baby Erin !! I get teary eyed and just melt everytime I see new pictures of him. What an angel, and a blessing !!
Enjoy !!
Can't wait to see him in person !

Janie

A Team said...

LOVE the new pictures. We were in the exact same boat as you guys... picking up our son with other other three at home...
BUT TAKE IT ALL IN and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT. You'll get home and want to go back. Enjoy it!

Our little dude LOVES the water now.

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!
Tracie in TN

Carol said...

What a beautiful child and such happy parents :-) So glad you have him in your arms! Thanks for sharing - we look forward to hearing all about your new adventures!

Jennifer Mills said...

What a true joy!! He is absolutely adorable! We are so happy for all 6 of you!! :)
Love, The Mills

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad he's adjusting so well! I love the picture of him in the bath furrowing his eyebrows. What a cutie!